Someone in this position would be responsible for planning and directing one or more administrative services of an organization or agency. They would be responsible for records and information management, as well as distribution of mail, planning facilities and maintenance of those locations, custodial operations, and various forms of office support services. Sometimes this position has more responsibilities, depending on the experience of the individual in the role.
- - Oversee the maintenance and repair of equipment and mechanical systems
- - Acquire and distribute store supplies
- - Prepare and review operational reports and various schedules
- - Direct and coordinate the services department of a business or agency
- - Handle the budgets for equipment, supplies, and contracts
- - Monitor the facility to ensure that it remains safe and secure
- - Hire and terminate personnel as needed
- - Oversee renovation and construction projects to improve efficiency
- - Analyze internal information and recommend policy changes to improve operations
- - Set various goals and deadlines for the department and ensure that they art met
- - Work together with personnel to ensure that all projects are completed correctly
- - Analyze employee efficiency and final results of tasks
The individual should have knowledge of the content and structure of the English language, such as the spelling and meaning of words, rules of composition, and general grammar. They should have knowledge of the principles and key elements of providing customer support and personal services. This would include assessment of customer needs, being able to meet quality standards for services, and being able to provide an evaluation of customer satisfaction. Knowledge of media production and communication is vital. They would include alternative ways to be able to inform and communicate via the use of oral, written, and visual media. Knowledge of management and business principles is useful. These principles should be involved in resource allocation, strategic planning, human resources modeling, production methods, leadership technique, and the coordination of resources.
Those interested in working within this role should have a variety of abilities. These can include, but are not limited to inductive reasoning, fluency of ideas, deductive reasoning, speech recognition, problem sensitivity, written comprehension, oral comprehension, written expression, speech clarity, and oral expression. Individuals should have a vast array of skills as well. Typical skills necessary include social perceptiveness, writing, coordination, critical thinking, judgment and decision making, complex problem solving, persuasion, reading comprehension, active listening and fluent speaking.
There are an array of responsibilities associated with this position. The individual will have to be able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with those in their workplace. They will need to be able to maintain them over time. Providing information to supervisors and coworkers on a regular basis via email, written format, telephone, or in person is generally required. The individual should be able to think creatively in the development of different aspects of the role. They should be able to research information and keep track of new information as it is discovered or provided.