Welcome to Youremployment.com

Welcome to Youremployment.com

9 Jobs You Won't Believe Pay $50 An Hour

You want a job that pays well, and we want you to find it. So we put together this list of often overlooked jobs that pay at least $50 an hour - from blue collar to white collar, from directing funeral services to studying earthquakes. If you have the background, you can have the job.

1. Construction Foreman/Superintendent

A construction foreman/superintendent is the person who is in charge of a construction crew. They're very experienced in their trade, and they oversee and organize projects from beginning to end. This includes supervising/scheduling/training the crew, managing sub-contractors, enforcing codes, and maintaining the safety of the crew.

What the average Construction foreman/superintendent makes in an hour: $50.14,
if you’ve got on-the-job experience, and preferably a bachelor’s degree.

2. Behavioral Psychologist

A behavioral psychologist is someone who observes the behavior and evaluates the mental health of an individual to diagnose and treat mental illness. This includes interviewing the subject, administering psychological tests, consulting reference textbooks or records, implementing treatment plans with specific frequency/intensity/duration for each patient, and writing papers based on their psychological research.

What the average behavioral psychologist makes in an hour: $50.36, after you’ve earned your doctoral degree (a requirement for practicing as a psychologist)

3. Seismologist

A seismologist is a type of geoscientist who uses seismographs to gather data about the earth’s crust to further study earthquakes, tsunamis, etc. Their duties include acquiring data in a non-invasive manner, planning projects, using recording equipment and observing irregularities, the ability to map out and present their data to colleagues, staying informed of new technologies while able to read, repair, and test their seismic equipment, and documenting their work.

What the average seismologist makes in an hour: $50.43; getting your undergraduate degree in a related field is a start: you’re probably looking at getting a master’s or doctoral degrees as well

4. Adult Daycare Director

The director of a non-residential facility that supports adults and their needs. Their duties include assessing potential clients, deciding whether current clients are ready to be discharged, supervising all of the Adult Care Programs, supervising staff, evaluating the needs of the individuals based on health and psychosocial state, and outfitting the community’s activities to clients.

What the average adult daycare director makes in an hour: $50.64, if you have a high school diploma and preferably a bachelor’s, and experience in the field.

5. Computer and Information Scientist

Computer scientists can develop new products and/or solve the problems with existing computers, and can work for a business or the government. Duties include: work as part of a research team to design and solve problems with computer hardware and software, training new staff, innovating new technology, investigate theoretical ideas and bring them to fruition, use system analysis to determine how a program will function, etc.

What the average computer and information scientist makes in an hour: $50.66/hr, if you have a PhD

6. Actuary

An actuary analyzes risk in financial situations. Using math, statistics, and theory, they work for insurance companies and benefits departments to manage risk by determining the likelihood of future events. An actuary calculate accident rates for certain types of people, analyzes the profitability of investments, advise companies on how to administer pensions and benefits, etc.

What the average actuary makes in an hour: $51.29, if you have a bachelor’s in a related field (actuarial science, math, statistics, etc) and after achieving your certificate.

7. Co-pilot

The job of a co-pilot on a flight is to keep the pilot aware while making his job easier. The co-pilot must help plan the flight, land the plan, be aware of the weather, monitor flight instruments, stay in radio communication with the FAA and Air Traffic control, and be in charge of any other duties they have split with the pilot.

What the average co-pilot makes in an hour: $52.45; all that’s required is your high school diploma and a pilot’s license

8. Funeral Director and Embalmer

A funeral director/embalmer is in charge of all of the post-death preparations for the family. They direct the funeral services, make sure that the body gets transported to the mortuary, offer counsel and guide the family through their grief into making decisions about personalizing the funeral and practicalities (such as choosing pallbearers), schedule the funeral/cremation down to the deliveries from the florist, provide information on funeral plans and merchandise, and perform embalming services when required.

What the average funeral director/embalmer makes in an hour: $52.47, if you have a license and have completed the two-year education program and apprenticeship

9. Optometrist

An eye doctor examines the patient’s eyes for vision impairment, fits contacts and glasses to the patient by look and brand, uses special equipment to check for eye disease or injury, advises patients on treatment, prescribes medication when needed, etc.

What the average Optometrist makes in an hour: $50.12 and up, after you complete a four year degree at one of the competitive schools of optometry.

Comments

Andres Velarde
Tuesday, April 28, 2015 2:49 PM
Im an IT COmputer Engineer i would like to get information. thanks
MICHELE MARRACELLO
# MICHELE MARRACELLO
Tuesday, May 19, 2015 7:43 AM
I AM INTERESTED IN THE ADULT DAYCARE DIRECTOR POSITON
Vanessa
# Vanessa
Friday, July 3, 2015 10:51 PM
Need more info about funeral director
Arturo Coronel
# Arturo Coronel
Saturday, July 4, 2015 11:41 PM
Number 7 is horrible out dated. As it turns out I highly suggest you take a look at the federal aviation regulation part 61 Certification: pilots, flight instructors, and ground instructors. Specifically if you take a look at support 153 subpart G which deals with Eligibility requirements for Airline transport pilots. There is a lot more then just your "high school" diploma and your pilots license. Most U.S. airline now require at a minimum of a bachelors degree. Oh and not to mention that the pilot license might set you back a half a million or so dollars. I would consult with people in the fields to make sure your information is true. Now although pilots end up making 6 figure salaries, starting pay for most airline pilots is anywhere from $20,000 to $40,000 a year. It isn't until you have had years of experience and thousands of hours of flight time that you make 6 figure salaries, even as a co-pilot. It has been my dream to fly since I was a kid and now that I got my license I and very grateful for the opportunities. I have a long road a head of me but I have had wonderful instructors that have flown with the airlines/ are flying with the airlines. Make no mistake they would tell you exactly what I am telling you right now. Get you information right from a credible source before blindly lie to people. You may have had a reasonable source for this information however this mistake is something near and dear to my heart that I can not just let it go. Thank you very much for your time and consideration. All good intentions are being made here and no feelings are meant to be disrupted.
troy
# troy
Sunday, July 5, 2015 10:52 AM
really,all that is required is a pilots license and high school diploma? In what country is that?
Brittani
# Brittani
Sunday, July 5, 2015 5:28 PM
I'm a funeral director/embalmer and I would love to know where I can make $50.00/hour
Tommy
# Tommy
Sunday, July 5, 2015 9:24 PM
Don't know where you got your information from but funeral directors average about $28,000 a year right out of mortuary college. Then after years you might get up to $42,000 a year but you work your butt off.
Lenz 1079
# Lenz 1079
Sunday, July 5, 2015 10:09 PM
This is false information. I have been a funeral director embalmer for 25 years and have NEVER been paid 2098.00 a week ever and I have never met a FDE that has earned that.
Shirl
# Shirl
Sunday, July 5, 2015 10:13 PM
My husband is a foreman for many years. He has also worked in the office ordering all the material for jobs. He does underground utilities. We want to move out of Florida. I see you mention foreman so asking for information, please.
ShirlEllis
Jack Scott
# Jack Scott
Monday, July 6, 2015 12:50 AM
I'm definitely interested in the co-pilot position
Nunya Bizniz
# Nunya Bizniz
Monday, July 6, 2015 12:56 AM
This is an article, not a list of jobs available for people to ask for more information about.
Christopher
# Christopher
Monday, July 6, 2015 5:28 AM
Based on the statements in this article, if like to see the source material about funeral directors that supports a salary of $50+/hr. Without it, I'll have to throw the "BS flag" on this.

Having been in the industry in all positions from employee to owner, these numbers don't add up!
Boba
# Boba
Monday, July 6, 2015 5:43 AM
No. Funeral Directors do not make $50 an hour! Who wrote this?
Mollie
# Mollie
Monday, July 6, 2015 8:03 AM
#8 is WRONG!! funeral director/embalmers make NO WHERE NEAR $50 an hour!!
I am a funeral director/embalmer and would get laughed out of the office if I even showed this to upper management -- somebody needs to do better research before they publish articles like this!
Meryl
# Meryl
Monday, July 6, 2015 9:39 AM
Where did you get these salaries?? I'd like to know what country pays that. NOBODY I know in the US or Canada in any of those fields is making anywhere close to those figures. I see you have a sister company that offers online degrees...any chance you're bumping up the numbers trying to get people to sign up for degrees for these jobs that do NOT pay these figures even for someone who's been doing it for 20 years or better??? Just so ya know..some of these jobs require actual hand's on lab work and a 1 or 2 year apprenticeship before you can get your license. This is not a degree you can get online. Read the fine print people and do your own research. This is a scam.
Angela Giboney
# Angela Giboney
Monday, July 6, 2015 2:57 PM
I am interested in the Adult Day care Director position.
Angela Giboney
# Angela Giboney
Monday, July 6, 2015 2:59 PM
I am interested in the Adult Day care Director position.
Taylor Baldwin
# Taylor Baldwin
Monday, July 6, 2015 5:46 PM
Funeral directors do not get paid that much. My mom is a funeral director and embalmer and she's only making around $12 an hour.
Tony
# Tony
Monday, July 6, 2015 7:42 PM
You can make this kind of money without a degree - if interested, send me an email.
linda
# linda
Monday, July 6, 2015 9:14 PM
Working in the funeral industry for many years I have not made nor have I met anyone who made $50 an hour. Where the heck did you get your numbers. This isn't anywhere near what the average funeral director makes. Nor do adult day care coordinators make money like this. I volunteer in just such a situation and the wonderful woman who is in charge makes about the same as I do.
Ryan Ames
# Ryan Ames
Monday, July 6, 2015 9:19 PM
Optometry is a great job and I love it. This description leaves out a very critical part of the eduction process. Optometry school is four years, however, before you can enter this doctoral degree program, you also require a bachelors degree. Therefore you're looking at 8 years of school.
Bryzha Ramirez
# Bryzha Ramirez
Monday, July 6, 2015 9:39 PM
I would like more information on the Adult day care director position please.
Bryzha Ramirez
# Bryzha Ramirez
Tuesday, July 7, 2015 11:43 PM
I would like more information on the Adult day care director position please.
Ray Buckwich
# Ray Buckwich
Wednesday, July 8, 2015 12:34 PM
Not true of Funeral Directors/Embalmers, maybe owners or upper management, which constitute little of the workers.
Bryzha Ramirez
# Bryzha Ramirez
Wednesday, July 8, 2015 5:20 PM
I would like more information on the Adult day care director position please.
Brian
# Brian
Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:58 PM
Where did you get your information about funeral director/ embalmer salaries? I am a 17 year licensed funeral director and I've never met ANYONE who has gotten much past the 25 an hour mark. Management in some companies may come close to this, but your average funeral director and embalmer ( I am licensed as both with the degree) does not even come close to this. Where did you mine your data?
Ken
# Ken
Thursday, July 9, 2015 12:46 AM
Being a currently licensed embalmer and funeral director for over thirty years I would like to know where I can make the kind of money your talking about.
Adam
# Adam
Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:29 AM
Co-pilot.. Umm yeah I think not... Only way you're making that kind of money being in the right seat is if you're an EX military pilot and flying for one of the national air. I.e. Delta, Southwest, united, fedEx or UPS. Other wise if you go through the civil way you're spending over 60+k just to get the proper certs and 1500hrs of PIC time. Then you get hired in at around 20,000 a year with some regional airline and might be lucky to get captain after 4-5 years and then might make 75k a year. Do that for another 5-10 years and then you might make it to a national air as co-pilot making 55-75k to start. Ohh and getting into FedEX or UPS not going to happen if you don't have a degree.
Mohammed Ghori
# Mohammed Ghori
Thursday, July 9, 2015 4:04 AM
I want to get some details about co pilot licensing.,
Mowerman
# Mowerman
Thursday, July 9, 2015 11:04 AM
I make $50+ an hour mowing lawns part time.
David
# David
Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:57 PM
That is definitely not the going rate for funeral directors in Georgia
Larry Crocker
# Larry Crocker
Thursday, July 9, 2015 1:58 PM
I was a licensed funeral director/embalmer for 20 years and never made that kind of money and don't know anybody in the profession who does today. Where did they get those figures? I would come out of retirement to work at the place that pays those wages.
Master of None
# Master of None
Thursday, July 9, 2015 2:31 PM
I am a tutor and command $100 and hour. It requires no expensive grad school, either, and it has little if any stress
Master of None
# Master of None
Thursday, July 9, 2015 2:31 PM
I am a tutor and command $100 an hour. It requires no expensive grad school, either, and it has little if any stress
Shannon
# Shannon
Thursday, July 9, 2015 2:33 PM
Two of those are doctors. I don't think it is too surprising when a doctor makes 6 figures.
Taylor
# Taylor
Thursday, July 9, 2015 3:07 PM
I can tell you for a fact as a licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer #8 is complete and utter lie we don't make nearly that maybe high end $40000 for seasoned people. .. you have to be in upper upper management in the funeral business to make six fi g urea
will webb
# will webb
Thursday, July 9, 2015 8:08 PM
as a union journeyman plumber i made $ 59.99 per hour
Co-Pilot
# Co-Pilot
Thursday, July 9, 2015 9:19 PM
Co-pilots make 52.45 and only need a pilots license? BS!!!!

You also need 5000 flight hours which you get at smaller airlines, where you make 18K a year, while you pay off your student loans which are close to 95K cause guess what getting your pilots license ATP which is required means you need your private, then your instrument, then your commercial then 1500 flight hours then your ATP. Ass Clowns
Jack
# Jack
Thursday, July 9, 2015 9:32 PM
Many government employees make $50 an hour for surfing the web.
Blade
Friday, July 10, 2015 9:59 AM
This is all horse shit.....
JB
# JB
Sunday, July 12, 2015 11:47 AM
Funeral Directors and/or embalmers do NOT make this kind of money. There should be more research placed into that occupation specifically. Most states require a 4 year degree to perform this job as well.
Christine
# Christine
Sunday, July 19, 2015 7:12 PM
Hi I am a Funeral Director and Embalmer in New York and i would like to know where you got your information from that Funeral Directors/ Embalmers make $50 an hour? The only directors i know that make that kind of money is the owner of the funeral home. A fully licensed funeral director and Embalmer just starting out only makes about $20 an hour depending of course in which funeral home you work and if it's family owned or a corporate owned funeral home. Most people do not enter this business because they think they are going to make 6 figures a year and be rich, they do it because they absolutely love this job and their heart and soul is in it to help families.
Scott
# Scott
Monday, July 20, 2015 8:57 PM
I have been a funeral director / embalmer for nearly 30 years, and have never heard of wages of $50.00 plus per hour, unless you are an owner. I believe you are off on your information.
Rumpf
Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:41 PM
Just remember, one with the most significant things will be able to obtain bank makes up about poor credit Clotilde Chiodo first, look at salon for water leaks that could be going unnoticed.
Shang
Friday, August 7, 2015 7:31 PM
I was interested in becoming a funeral director
Josh
# Josh
Saturday, August 8, 2015 9:06 AM
How don't find out more information about the adult daycare or actuary?
Brittany Devitt
# Brittany Devitt
Monday, August 10, 2015 12:51 PM
I am interested in learning more.
connie
# connie
Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:12 PM
I am interested in learning more about a funeral director position.
Rob
# Rob
Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:37 PM
A co-pilot making more than $100,000??? At what company?! Many can qualify for FOOD STAMPS. That hourly rate may be correct, but thats only for flight hours. Everything else is unpaid. http://skift.com/2013/08/28/the-u-s-airline-pilots-who-barely-make-minimum-wage/
Victoria Samuels
# Victoria Samuels
Monday, August 17, 2015 4:02 PM
Would love to become a co pilot. I love to support others just as much as I love traveling as well
You guys are F_cktards
Thursday, August 20, 2015 3:21 PM
Anyone asking/inquiring about a job on this page is a fucktard.. just saying lol
Travis
# Travis
Thursday, August 20, 2015 3:44 PM
Well obviously the person who did this article does not have a computer science degree
Git Reel
# Git Reel
Monday, August 24, 2015 9:27 PM
I am interested in becoming a millionaire....oh and also a ninja. That is all
Jay schubert
# Jay schubert
Monday, August 24, 2015 9:58 PM
Currently employed warehouse manager,also a certified dietary manager with 10 years experience. Need to make a change...
Kevin
# Kevin
Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:51 AM
This is an article you chuds... They won't offer you a job... Lol
Mike Hunt
# Mike Hunt
Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:31 PM
Lmao @ people posting comments trying to get jobs here... It's 2015 and some people are still confused about how the internet works.
Martha Garcia
# Martha Garcia
Thursday, September 3, 2015 3:21 AM
I always wondered what was the best paying Jobs,I mean is that all of the listings? I would love to know what else is out thr. Interested to going back to schoolin for degree something real important.
kieda
# kieda
Tuesday, September 8, 2015 5:15 PM
i need info on a embalmer
K.T.
# K.T.
Tuesday, September 8, 2015 9:21 PM
Lmao! Jesus people, these aren't job ads.
Chris T
# Chris T
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:04 PM
I just came here for the free pizza...
Give me a job
# Give me a job
Wednesday, September 9, 2015 3:44 PM
Hi give me a job please I really need a job I would love to be a co pilot that would be so much fun thanks xoxo
Gatwech
# Gatwech
Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:22 PM
i would like to know more info on funeral director
Aerick C.
Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:42 PM
A job that out pays all of those is mine: Bodypainter - I get $125 an hour for painting colorful and creative designs on people's bodies. Which can be done for business or commercial enterprises or even public events and parties. You dont even need a formal education, though there are schools and seminars that you can attend to hone your skills. Though all you really need is an artistic ability, and a willingness to paint naked people...
John
# John
Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:47 AM
You do not require any post secondary certification to be a Computer and Information Scientist (that being said it doesn't hurt )
Brian
# Brian
Thursday, September 17, 2015 3:38 PM
The number of idiots here that think these are job ads is amazing. Freaking morons...
Ralph
# Ralph
Thursday, September 17, 2015 7:41 PM
It burns when I pee
Hey stupid!
# Hey stupid!
Saturday, September 19, 2015 10:36 AM
Hey you idiots! It's not an advertisement FOR a job, it's some BS "article" that was posted to give people false hope about how much money these particular jobs pay. I'm shocked you can't read enough to tell the difference! There's a reason you're looking at an article thinking thinking it's job postings, and the answer is - you are not very bright.
bill
# bill
Saturday, September 19, 2015 6:40 PM
I am interested in the actuary position, i can start immediately
Rachel
# Rachel
Monday, September 21, 2015 7:59 PM
My Husband has been a supervisor (foreman) in construction for 26 years doing government jobs he is doing a VA hospital at the moment and never has made $50 an hour most $30 an hour if he is lucky.
Mike
# Mike
Wednesday, September 23, 2015 2:09 AM
What is wrong with you people? Where does it say that these positions are open? This is an article about how much money people in these positions get paid. Not apply for these jobs. No wonder this world has gone downhill. No one has common sense anymore.
Dane
# Dane
Wednesday, September 23, 2015 4:29 PM
If you think these numbers are wrong, you are clearly unintelligent and accept terrible pay from your employer. After researching each position, you can find MANY people making MORE than what this shows in every single one of those fields. If you are not making 50$ or more an hour with these fields and credentials, you clearly have no clue how to sell yourself and have no idea what you are doing with yourself. Maybe sign up for a life choice course instead of complaining on here.
william
# william
Friday, September 25, 2015 12:46 AM
baaahahahahahahaahaha the dummies on here asking for jobs haha this isn't where you find a job lol... geez 2015 and people still don't know how to use the internet! man that's too funny!
SadTruth
# SadTruth
Friday, October 2, 2015 7:53 PM
You are all idiots.... 1 post online and you guys wanna pursue a new career because 1 souce said they make $50 an hour.... None of you idiots even deserve $50 if you are moronic enough to be inquiring about a position. Do what you wanna do in life. period
Gabe
# Gabe
Saturday, October 3, 2015 10:44 AM
I am a former site superintendent. Staring salary was roughly $50,000/year. Once you get down to the actual hours worked, that equates to approximately $13.00/hour. I got a raise 6 months into it and that boosted me to almost $14.00/hour. No thanks, the stress is not worth the pay. I managed many multi-million dollar projects and I know people that still work for said company. Most are now at $75,000/year but are working through divorce, alcoholism, traveling to other states for work, etc. Not worth it to me. Just my two cents.
vegaskim
# vegaskim
Saturday, October 3, 2015 9:11 PM
Well all these people that think these are job listings are clearly unemployed or underemployed for a reason. They either lack comprehension skills or an understanding of the basic English language. Hopefully this list, however inaccurate some of it may be, will encourage those folks to pursue a new career path. Since they have the Internet, hopefully they will find a way to a better education and security of their own.
WTF MATE
# WTF MATE
Saturday, October 17, 2015 4:57 PM
LMAO dude this is all wrong foreman make around 18-30 an hour
co pilots and funeral directors are lucky to come out with 30k a year seismology is not only a hard job to obtain but pays by the job normally not an hourly wage still no where near 50 though the only one that comes close to these numbers would be an optometrist and even then they would have to be a soul practitioner so wrong and so miss informing, the only way to make those kinda figures is be a sole proprietor or partner of a business, or a CFO or CEO of a corporation, and possibly maybe a a head of departments in some industries but none of those industries are listed here

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

About Us | Unsubscribe | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions |Post Jobs | Site Map